Featured Post

Thursday, April 2, 2020

10th Grade World Lit: Thursday, April 2, 2020

Good morning everyone! As I'm sure most of you have heard, schools in Georgia will remain closed for the remainder of the semester. I know this is big news and a lot to process and take in - I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself. There are a lot of questions that do not have answers yet, but I will update you as soon as the county gives us updates. What I do know is that we ARE continuing on with digital learning for the rest of the semester. :)

Assignments for Today:

  1. Work on your Artifact for the project due on Sunday. Instructions are on yesterday's blog post. Click here for some examples of artifacts.
    • To clarify the project: the artifact is what you are making as the main part of your project. It should focus on showing stereotype that you have faced and fighting back against the people would tell a "single story" about you using that stereotype as the only thing to describe you (in other words, you're "calling out the haters" and presenting the full side of your story)
  2. If you did not submit a Flipgrid "Hello" video yesterday, you need to do that TODAY.
    • 3rd Period: https://flipgrid.com/6af647b7
    • 4th Period: https://flipgrid.com/da02059b
    • 7th Period: https://flipgrid.com/fdc29f14
    • You can record a Flipgrid on your phone or any device with a camera.
    • When you go to the link for your class, Flipgrid will ask you for your studentID, it is the number you use to log into the computers at school. If you are unable to log in, please check that you have clicked the correct link for your class period. Let me know if you have trouble accessing your account.
    • Remember, this is a school assignment - if you post anything that is NOT school appropriate, I will refer you to administration. You WILL face consequences.
  3. Work on Unit 13 Vocab Work
    1. Go to https://sadlierconnect.com/@2151215
      • If you do not go to this link, it will NOT let you login. Make sure you have @2151215 at the end of the URL
      • I gave you a sheet with your username and password before we left, in most cases, your username is your first initial last name (for example, my username would be "aegbert", your password in most cases is "trojans19"
      • email me or send me a Remind if you need me to send your account information to you
    2. There are three assignments for Unit 13 that should be assigned to you: Choosing the Right Word, Completing the Sentence, and Unit 13 Test.
    3. Complete ALL assignments by this Friday, April 3 at 11:59 PM.
Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing any links or submitting your assignments. Remember that I am available via email (amanda.egbert@cobbk12.org) and through Remind.