Featured Post

Friday, April 3, 2020

9th Grade Lit and Comp: Friday, April 3, 2020

Oh boy, y'all, it's been a roller coaster of the week.

Last night, I sent out an update through StudentVUE regarding grades and making up assignments from before March 13. As I mentioned in that update, if you have a quiz or test that you need to make up from before March 13, I will let you know on Monday, April 13 (the Monday after Spring Break) how to make it up.

As far as assignments for today go: treat today like a make-up day.
  • IF YOU MISSED THE UNIT 12 VOCAB QUIZ ON MARCH 13: Complete the online work for Unit 13 vocab; I will replace your 0 on the Unit 12 Quiz with the grade you make on the Unit 13 assignments.
    • Go to https://sadlierconnect.com/@2151215
      • If you do not go to this link, it will NOT let you login. Make sure you have @2151215 at the end of the URL
      • I gave you a sheet with your username and password before we left. EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT SHEET, try using the following information to sign-in (make sure everything is lowercase):
        • Username: your first initial + last name (for example, my username would be aegbert)
        • Password: trojans19
      • email me or send me a Remind if this doesn't work and you need me to send your account information to you
  • If there are any classwork or homework assignments from before March 13 that you need to make up, work on them and email them to me.
  • If there are any assignments from the past three weeks of digital learning (the R+J exit tickets, the Socratic Seminar, the Multi-Genre Project) that you would like to complete and turn in to improve your grade, work on them.
Today is the day before Spring Break, I know it's not type of Spring Break that many of you were hoping to have, but it is more important now than any other time to take this week to relax and virtually reach out to the people you love. Take some time for yourself and focus on the positives. Maybe get lost in a good book? 😉

I will be back with blog posts on Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays after we get back from Spring Break. I miss you all - stay healthy and safe!

If you're still reading this blog post, this is a video that always makes me laugh; I hope you enjoy it. ðŸ˜Š