Featured Post

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

9th Grade Lit and Comp AND 10th Grade World Lit: Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Good morning!

Potions Classroom | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

Now that we're all sorted into our Hogwarts houses (I'm a proud Ravenclaw btw ðŸ¤“, but I feel like Hufflepuff would also be a good fit), we're going to see what this Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is all about and what's in store for Harry as he begins his lessons. To help us learn even more about the topic of magic, though, we're also going to take a look the history of witches through the Historical Lens.




TO DO FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 28:
  1. Read Chapter 8
    • This is a link to the ebook
    • This is a link to the audiobook (you do not need an account to listen)
    • Note: The audiobook is for the British version of the book, so the title is different and some words might be different if you are following along on the PDF. However, Stephen Fry (the narrator) is an amazing reader, and I highly recommend listening to the audiobook.
  2. Complete the Historical Lens Form for Chapter 8
    • Read the chapter slowly and deliberately and think about the questions above while reading.
As always, I am available via email and through Remind. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need me. 😊

As a bonus for today: here's a picture of my husband and me in our Hogwarts uniforms that a group of my friends and I designed and sewed from scratch! (Yes, we're both gigantic nerds ðŸ¤“🤓)