Featured Post

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

9th Grade Lit and Comp AND 10th Grade World Lit: Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Good morning!


As of today, I have updated the gradebook with all missing assignments I received. If you don't see a grade for something that you turned in, please send me an email or a Remind message to let me know and I'll check it out as soon as I can.

On Wednesday, I will grade and enter in last week's Harry Potter assignments for Chapters 11-14.

The final for this class will be posted on the blog this Thursday, May 14. You will have until 11:59 PM on Tuesday, May 19 to complete and turn in your final.

**PLEASE NOTE - If there are any assignments that you would like to submit, the last day I will accept any work is Wednesday, May 20 by 11:59 PM. This is the LAST day of the semester and I HAVE to have grades submitted by 11:00 AM on Thursday, May 21, so I will not be accepting ANYTHING after May 20th.**

Class Calendar:



Forbidden Forest | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

In today's chapter, the students of Hogwarts are taking their final exams. However, in addition to worrying about their grades, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are also worrying about the fate of the Sorcerer's Stone that's down the third flood corridor. Is Snape getting ready to enact his plan to steal it? Can they do anything to stop him?

TO DO FOR TUESDAY, MAY 12:
  1. Read Chapter 16
    • This is a link to the ebook
    • This is a link to the audiobook (you do not need an account to listen)
    • Note: The audiobook is for the British version of the book, so the title is different and some words might be different if you are following along on the PDF. However, Stephen Fry (the narrator) is an amazing reader, and I highly recommend listening to the audiobook.
  2. Complete the Reader Response and Psychological Lenses Form for Chapter 16
    • Read the chapter slowly and deliberately and think about the questions above while reading.
As always, I am available via email and through Remind. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need me. 😊