Featured Post

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

9th Grade Lit and Comp AND 10th Grade World Lit: Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Good morning!

As a reminder, my internet provider is working on updating their network today, and I might have trouble connecting to the internet today. I will respond to emails and Reminds as soon as I can, but please remember that I do not respond to emails after 4 PM.

Diagon Alley by Kasiarzynka.deviantart.com on @DeviantArt | Harry ...

In our chapter from yesterday, Harry finally got his letter and one of the biggest surprises. Today, he's going to get an even bigger surprise by stepping into the Wizarding World for the first time. We're going to continue working on the Psychological lens, but for Chapter 5, we're going to zoom in on Harry to try to get a better understanding of what he's feeling about and how he's reacting to all of the new things around him. (More information about the Psychological Lens is on yesterday's blog post if you missed it.)

TO DO FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 21:
  1. Read Chapter 5
    • This is a link to the ebook
    • This is a link to the audiobook (you do not need an account to listen)
    • Note: The audiobook is for the British version of the book, so the title is different and some words might be different if you are following along on the PDF. However, Stephen Fry (the narrator) is an amazing reader, and I highly recommend listening to the audiobook.
  2. Complete the Psychological Lens Form for Chapter 5
    • Read the chapter slowly and deliberately and think about the questions above while reading.
    • You will need to log into your Office365 account in order to complete the form. Email me or send me a Remind if you have problems logging in. (This seemed to work for people yesterday.)
As always, I am available via email and through Remind. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need me. 😊